DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata: 60 fall ill after chlorine gas leak from cylinder
Seven cylinders were being loaded on a truck when leakage began from one cylinder with labourers handling them suffering breathing problems.
Kolkata: At least 60 people fell ill following leakage of chlorine gas from a cylinder while being loaded on a truck at Chitpur in north Kolkata on Thursday. Seven cylinders were being loaded on a truck from a godown when leakage began from one cylinder with labourers handling them suffering eye and skin irritations and breathing problems, police sources said.
Local people also complained of the same problems. Fire tenders and quick reaction teams sealed the leaking cylinder and removed it.
The affected were rushed to a nearby government hospital where around 12 were admitted and the rest were discharged after first aid.
"Initially 50-60 people suffered from skin, eye irritation and breathing problems," Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters) Javed Shamim said. "Right now 10-12 people are admitted in the hospital. There is no report of casualty," he said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs