Kolkata: Emirates flight makes emergency landing
After one hour of take off, the flight returned and asked for permission for emergency landing, the sources said.
Kolkata: A Kuala Lumpur-bound Emirates aircraft with 144 passengers on board on Sunday landed in emergency conditions in Kolkata after it was forced to return about an hour after take off due to suspected engine problem. The aircraft landed safely at NSC Bose International Airport, airport sources said.
The flight took off at 5:45 pm for Kuala Lumpur. After one hour of take off, the flight returned and asked for permission for emergency landing as the pilot suspected some engine problem in the aircraft, the sources said.
The plane landed safely in the airport, the sources said, adding the airline is making arrangements to accommodate the passengers in other flights.
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP