Kolkata experiences the coldest day in a decade
The temperature dropped to nine degree Celsius in Kolkata on Wednesday.
Kolkata: The temperature dropped to nine degree Celsius in the metropolis on Wednesday, the coldest day in a decade. "It is the coldest day in 10 years, it is going to remain at around 9 degrees in the next 24 hours," Met department officials said.
The last such dip was recorded on January 22, 2003, when minimum temperature had fallen to 9.3 degree Celsius, the officials said. While the temperature was five degrees below normal, the maximum temperature recorded during the day was 19.3 degrees celsius.
"Temperatures are not likely to fall any further," they said and forecast a rise in temperature to 10 degrees on January 11. The official said that skies would remain hazy for the next few days.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World