DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata market fire: Death toll rises to 21
Authorities said the market was illegally constructed and had no fire safety equipment.
Kolkata: The death toll in Kolkata fire tragedy that occurred on February 27 rose to 21. One of the injured, who was admitted to NRS Medical College, died on Saturday.
The fire had broken out at the Surya Sen market. Authorities said the market was illegally constructed and had no fire safety equipment.
The six-storey tall commercial building was a disaster in the making with plenty of inflammable materials stacked everywhere, narrow lanes choking the possibility of escape and an eatery on the first floor.
The Mamata Banerjee government had immediately hit out at the Left, saying it was their policies that led to the fire. However, despite several major fires, Kolkata still remains vulnerable.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO
- Manchester Arena Attack: Beckham, Rooney, Hamilton Show Solidarity
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach