Kolkata: Over 200 held for bursting prohibited sound crackers
<p>Over 200 people were arrested from various parts of the city on Kali puja night for bursting prohibited sound crackers and indulging in unruly behaviour.</p>
Over 200 people were arrested from various parts of the city on Kali puja night for bursting prohibited sound crackers and indulging in unruly behaviour.
They were arrested in night-long operations for bursting prohibited sound crackers on Saturday night like chocolate bombs and other fire crackers which exceed the sound limit fixed by the authorities, Kolkata Police said.
The sound limit was fixed keeping in mind the problem it posed for the old, ailing and the children. Police have seized huge amount of fireworks during drives in the last one week to contain the use of illegal sound crackers.
Besides opening special control rooms, both the state and city police also maintained a strict vigil to avert any untoward incident during the celebrations.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal