DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Give protection to Kolkata rape victim's family: HC to WB government
The HC has also asked the state government to reply within 7 days on whether it wants a CBI inquiry into the Kolkata gangrape and murder case.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court has asked the West Bengal government to reply within 7 days on whether it wants an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into into the Kolkata rape and alleged murder case.
The court has directed the government to ensure protection to the victim's family. It will give directions for affidavit if the state government says no to CBI inquiry.
The court observed that no political games should be played over this issue and that the truth must come out.
The family had filed a writ petition in the court and sought financial compensation from the West Bengal government. In the petition, the family said that it has no faith in the state police investigating the case in the wake of the alleged negligence earlier.
Earlier on Tuesday the victim's family met President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi seeking a CBI probe into the case. The family has said that the President has assured help. "We have been given assurances, we are going back with assurance," said a family member.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?