Give protection to Kolkata rape victim's family: HC to WB government
The HC has also asked the state government to reply within 7 days on whether it wants a CBI inquiry into the Kolkata gangrape and murder case.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court has asked the West Bengal government to reply within 7 days on whether it wants an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into into the Kolkata rape and alleged murder case.
The court has directed the government to ensure protection to the victim's family. It will give directions for affidavit if the state government says no to CBI inquiry.
The court observed that no political games should be played over this issue and that the truth must come out.
The family had filed a writ petition in the court and sought financial compensation from the West Bengal government. In the petition, the family said that it has no faith in the state police investigating the case in the wake of the alleged negligence earlier.
Earlier on Tuesday the victim's family met President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi seeking a CBI probe into the case. The family has said that the President has assured help. "We have been given assurances, we are going back with assurance," said a family member.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18