Kolkata: 2 girls jump to death from highrise building
Police suspect both girls aged 15 and students of the same school, committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the building.
Kolkata: Two teenaged girls were found dead in the courtyard of an 18-storey apartment block in a posh housing complex in the southern fringe of the city on Tuesday, police said.
Police suspect that Sabiba Chandana and Neha Panjari, both aged 15 and students of class IX, committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the building.
No suicide note, however, was found.
Police claim that the friendship between the two girls has been a cause of tension between their families.
While Sabiba was a resident of the housing complex off EM Bypass under East Jadavpur police station, Neha had come to visit her, police said.
The incident occurred 11 days after a woman and her two daughters jumped to death from a 36-storey building in a suspected suicide pact.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Renault Kwid Crosses 1.3 Lakh Sales Mark in India
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology