Kolkata: Three more arrested in Cong-TMC clashes case
A sub-inspector was killed when the clashes broke out during student elections at a college.
Kolkata: Three more people were arrested and produced before court in connection with the Garden Reach shooting case. Sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed in the Congress, Trinamool Congress clashes that broke out during student elections at a college.
TMC leader Sheikh Suhan was caught on camera firing the shot. The state Criminal Investigation Department has taken over the probe.
Meanwhile, the West Bengal governor had taken on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over the sacking of the Kolkata Police Commissioner RK Pachnanda. While the government maintains he was sacked due to delay in filing the FIR after student union violence outside the college, sources say he was sacked for getting a TMC leader arrested.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army