DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata: Woman delivers baby onboard aircraft
The child will be able to travel free of cost in Emirates flights in future as per international aviation laws.
Kolkata: A passenger onboard an Emirates Manila-bound flight on Thursday gave birth to a baby boy mid-air following which the aircraft made an emergency landing at NSC Bose International airport in Kolkata. Airport officials said the ATC received a communique from the pilot that Philippines national Camejina Sokunivaa (30), who was nine-month pregnant, was experiencing labour pain as the aircraft was passing through Kolkata sky and sought emergency landing permission.
All standard emergency measures, including a team of doctors and life-support vehicle, were immediately put in place, the officials said, adding that after sometime the ATC was informed that the woman had already delivered a baby boy onboard. After the plane EK 332, which was flying on Dubai-Manila route, touched down Kolkata airport at around 10:30 pm, Camejina and the baby were taken to a private hospital by the airport authorities.
Hospital officials said both the mother and the baby are doing fine and her husband, now in Manila, has been informed. The child will be able to travel free of cost in Emirates flights in future as per international aviation laws.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong