Krishna Poonia finishes 7th in discus throw
Poonia's best effort of 63.62 m came in her fifth and penultimate attempt.
London: Indian discus thrower Krishna Poonia finished a creditable seventh in the women's discus throw while the gold medal was won by Sandra Perkovic of Croatia in the 2012 London Games at the Olympic Stadium here on Saturday.
Sandra took the gold with throw of 69.11 metres, a national record, while the silver medal was taken by Darya Pishchalnikova of Russia with 67.56 m and Li Yanfeng of China settled for the bronze medal at 67.22m.
Poonia's best effort of 63.62 m came in her fifth and penultimate attempt. The Commonwealth Games gold medallist had 62.42 m in the first attempt and 61.61 in the third and 61.31 in the sixth and the final throw. She had two no-throws in the second and the fourth attempt.
Poonia's efforts here were nowhere near her personal best of 64.76 m that she achieved three months back in Hawaii.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher