Krishna, Rajapaksa discuss Lankan Tamil problem
The two are understood to have discussed a host of bilateral issues, including a solution to the Tamil problem.
Colombo: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna met Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa in Colombo on Tuesday and is understood to have discussed a host of bilateral issues, including the ways to evolve a political solution to resolve the Tamil problem.
Rajapaksa hosted Krishna this morning for the second time since Tuesday morning at 'Temple Trees', the official residence of the President of Sri Lanka, for breakfast.
Last evening, Kirshna had attended 'Thaipongal' reception hosted by the President.
The president, clad in a safari suit, warmly welcomed Krishna at his chamber who was accompanied by Sri Lankan Foreign Minister GL Pieris.
Krishna and Rajapaksa are understood to have discussed the current political situation in Sri Lanka and the process of finding a political solution to the decades-old Tamil question.
Officials had on Monday said Krishna would hold "substantive" discussions with the President on a variety of issues that include the relief and rehabilitation process of the Tamil civilians displaced due to the civil war that ended in 2009.
Krishna had on Monday set the tone for his talks with the top Sri Lankan leadership by saying that India was committed to ensuring political settlement, including devolution of powers, to resolve the problem.
The Minister gave the assurance to a delegation from the Tamil National Alliance, an umbrella grouping of Tamil political parties in the country, and also told them that he would raise all issues that concern Tamil people during his meeting with the Sri Lankan leadership.
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday