Krishna, Sudha land at Olympic Games Village
Krishna and Sudha will participate in their respective qualification rounds on August 3 and 4 respectively.
London: Star discus thrower Krishna Poonia and Asian Games champion steeplechase runner Sudha Singh were among the first batch of Indian track and field athletes to check into the Olympic Games Village here.
Krishna, along with her husband and coach Virender Poonia, and Sudha arrived at the Athletes Village in Stratford on Wednesday.
After going through security checks, Krishna and Sudha were taken to their apartment by a bus. Later in the evening Krishna and Sudha enjoyed the Indian menu at the Dining Hall.
"It all good but no match to the hospitality and warmth of Commonwealth Games in Delhi," said Krishna.
"I have fond memories of Commonwealth Games 2010 Athlete village," she added.
Sudha, competing for the first time in the Olympics, said, "I am very happy to be here."
Both Krishna and Sudha will resume their training at their base in Basildon.
"I am happy to be in the village but I have a job to do and I must remain focussed on the task at hand," said Krishna.
Krishna will compete on August 3 in the Women's Discus Throw qualification round while Sudha Singh competes the next day in the heats of Women's 3000m Steeplechase.
Earlier, Sudha and Krishna received advice from British Olympic legend Tessa Sanderson at their training venue. Tessa has been helping Indian athletes since 2008.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi