Krittika Biswas seeks Hillary Clinton's help
Lawyer Ravi Batra had earlier ruled out the need for a 'diplomatic immunity' for Krittika.
New Delhi: The diplomatic row over mistreatment of an Indian diplomat's daughter has reached US Secreatry of State Hillary Clinton. Krittika Biswas' lawyer Ravi Batra has written a letter to Clinton saying that there was violation of diplomatic privilege granted to the Indian Consul General Debashish Biswas' family.
The letter also demands immediate review and issuance of new interpretation that enables privileges granted by the Vienna convention.
The lawyer had earlier ruled out the need for a 'diplomatic immunity' for Krittika.
The Indian Consul General in New York Prabhu Dayal on earlier said the arrest of Krittika Biswas is illegal and that she has diplomatic immunity. Dayal slammed the US State Department for violating the Vienna Convention which clearly states that diplomatic immunity is extended to family members of consular officers.
The 18-year-old had slapped a case against New York City and sued mayor Michael Bloomberg for a whopping $ 1.5 million. She had claimed that she was wrongly arrested for allegedly sending obscene emails to her teachers.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw