KSRTC, BMTC win ASRTU Awards
BANGALORE: Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metropolitian Transport Corporation (BMTC) bagge..
BANGALORE: Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metropolitian Transport Corporation (BMTC) bagged the Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (ASRTU) awards instituted by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
While KSRTC bagged the award for making the highest ever profit amongst all state transport units (STUs) with Rs 65.05 crore, BMTC received awards in three categories: minimum operational cost (Without the element of tax) urban services during 2009-10, maximum improvement in contribution towards secretarial rebate during 2010-11 and for profit making STU in Urban services.
A press release from KSRTC stated that it had accumulated a loss of Rs 328.45 crore till 2000 and has managed to wipe off all the loss and managed to post a surplus of Rs 43.15 crore in 2011.
The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and was given to its representatives in New Delhi on Monday.
K R Sreenivas, MD of BMTC and B K Singh, IPS, Director (Security and Vigilance) KSRTC, along with other officials of the departement were present to receive the award.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone