K'taka: 8000 buses off roads, commuters in trouble
KSRTC and BMTC employees are demanding a revision of their pay structure as well as making 33,000 temporary jobs permanent.
Bangalore: The strike called by workers of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metro Transport Corporation (BMTC) has stranded commuters in Bangalore and across Karnataka.
Nearly 6000 buses plying in Bangalore and 8000 buses across the state are off the road on Thursday.
KSRTC and BMTC employees are demanding a revision of their pay structure as well as making 33,000 temporary jobs permanent. They also want the govt to change what they call anti-labour policies.
Commuters were seen stranded at major bus terminals like the Majestic bus station.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1