K'taka: 8000 buses off roads, commuters in trouble
KSRTC and BMTC employees are demanding a revision of their pay structure as well as making 33,000 temporary jobs permanent.
Bangalore: The strike called by workers of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metro Transport Corporation (BMTC) has stranded commuters in Bangalore and across Karnataka.
Nearly 6000 buses plying in Bangalore and 8000 buses across the state are off the road on Thursday.
KSRTC and BMTC employees are demanding a revision of their pay structure as well as making 33,000 temporary jobs permanent. They also want the govt to change what they call anti-labour policies.
Commuters were seen stranded at major bus terminals like the Majestic bus station.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton