DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Kumki' earns Rs 8.51 crore in three days
Tamil romantic-drama 'Kumki' has raked in Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
Chennai: Debutant Vikram Prabhu's Tamil romantic-drama 'Kumki' has raked in Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
"The film (Kumki) collected Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in Tamil Nadu in the first three days, making it a dream start for debutant Vikram Prabhu," Trinath, trade analyst, told IANS.
Directed by Prabhu Solomon, 'Kumki', which came out Dec 14 and hit over 1,000 screens worldwide, shows how a mahout and his elephant help farmers in driving away wild elephants in their village.
Besides Vikram Prabhu, it also stars Lakshmi Menon, Thambi Ramaiah and Asvin Raja in the lead.
Shot in exotic locales of Karnataka and Kerala, 'Kumki' was dubbed in Telugu as 'Gajaraju', but didn't release on the same day due to lack of screens. The film, produced by Thirupathi Borthers, has music by D Imman and cinematography by Sukumar.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes