'Kumki' earns Rs 8.51 crore in three days
Tamil romantic-drama 'Kumki' has raked in Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
Chennai: Debutant Vikram Prabhu's Tamil romantic-drama 'Kumki' has raked in Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
"The film (Kumki) collected Rs 8.51 crore at the box-office in Tamil Nadu in the first three days, making it a dream start for debutant Vikram Prabhu," Trinath, trade analyst, told IANS.
Directed by Prabhu Solomon, 'Kumki', which came out Dec 14 and hit over 1,000 screens worldwide, shows how a mahout and his elephant help farmers in driving away wild elephants in their village.
Besides Vikram Prabhu, it also stars Lakshmi Menon, Thambi Ramaiah and Asvin Raja in the lead.
Shot in exotic locales of Karnataka and Kerala, 'Kumki' was dubbed in Telugu as 'Gajaraju', but didn't release on the same day due to lack of screens. The film, produced by Thirupathi Borthers, has music by D Imman and cinematography by Sukumar.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw