Kunda murders: CBI yet to question Raja Bhaiya
Former UP Minister Raja Bhaiya was named in the murder of the Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
Deoria: Despite of being named in an FIR for murder and conspiracy, why is the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) still not questioning former UP Minister Raja Bhaiya over the killing of the Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq and two others? A team of the investigative agency is in Kunda probing the killings.
Four FIRs have been filed in the case and the CBI team is visiting the crime scene and meeting the locals after it took over the case on recommendation of the Uttar Pradesh government. The slain DSP's wife had demanded a CBI probe.
Parveen Azad refused to accept the job offered by the Uttar Pradesh government saying that she would not accept anything other than a DSP's post. Azad who has been maintaining distance from the media, on Saturday told the visiting leader of Loktantrik Congress Harishanka Tewari that she would not accept any job less than DSP.
Vowing to continue her struggle, Azad said that she was not fighting for herself but to ensure that no one dared to raise hand on those donning the khaki uniform of the police force. She also demanded that the policemen who deserted her husband in Kunda area of Pratapgarh on the fateful night should be tried for treason.
On Friday night, the wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the state government. Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable. The appointment letters were also sent to the family by the district administration on Saturday. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3