Kunda DSP may have been a victim of mob violence: CBI sources
If the claim proves to be true, the charges against former UP minister Raja Bhaiya, who resigned in the aftermath of the incident, will fall flat.
New Delhi: CBI sources on Wednesday claimed that slain Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq could actually have been a victim of mob violence. Investigations so far suggest that the DSP was killed by an angry mob, the sources said. If this turns out to be true, the charges against former Uttar Pradesh minister Raja Bhaiya, who resigned in the aftermath of the incident, will fall flat.
The revelation comes even as the UP government is all set to order the transfer of all policemen, including four Station House Officers or SHOs in Kunda in Pratapgarh district in connection with the triple murders, including that of village Pradhan Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh.
The order came after the CBI asked for their transfer since it believed that they were hampering its investigations.
The Principal Secretary of the Home Ministry confirmed receiving the letter and said the state government was looking into it. ADGP Law & Order Arun Kumar said, "We have received a letter from the CBI requesting transfer of the police officers. We are transferring all the rank officers from the specific circle since the CBI letter does not mention the ranks of officers. We want a fair probe so we are transferring all the officers posted at the circle."
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff