Kunda triple murder: CBI recovers motorcycle used in crime
The trio had allegedly shot dead Balipur village head over a land dispute triggering violence in which DSP Haq was murdered.
Pratapgarh: The CBI team, probing murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul Haq, on Tuesday recovered the motorcycle which was allegedly used in the murder of Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav. The recovery was made after intense grilling of two brothers--Ajay Pal and Vijay Pal, both sons of Kamta Pal who is also a suspect in Yadav's killing, CBI sources said.
The trio had allegedly shot dead Balipur village head over a land dispute triggering violence in which DSP Haq was murdered, CBI sources said. Both were nabbed by the agency on Sunday while their father, Kamta, is still absconding, they said. The sources said the agency has also recovered fired cartridges, SIM cards and other evidences from the duo which indicate their "direct involvement" in the murder of Nanhe Yadav on the evening of March 2, 2013.
The shooters, borne on the motorcycle, had opened fire on Yadav when he was standing near a tea stall at his village, they said. DSP Haq, who had gone to probe the incident, was allegedly shot dead by a mob which had gathered after the killing of Yadav and his brother Suresh, they said. The agency has registered four cases pertaining to the three murders in Balipur village, police station Hathigawan in Kunda tehsil. In one of case filed on the complaint of Haq's wife, CBI has booked former Uttar Pradesh Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya under murder charges.
The agency had recently made important recoveries which included a blood-stained ammunition belt from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, one of the deceased, a blood stained wooden rod from another area in the village, and most important, the service revolver of Haq. CBI had sent the wooden rod and ammunition belt for forensic examination, the sources said.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK