Haryana: Classmate rapes engineering student, arrested
Both the accused and the rape survivor are Bachelor of Technology students at a Kurukshetra college.
Kurukshetra: In another shocking incident of crime against women, a man raped his classmate at an engineering college at Kurukshetra, Haryana. This even as the protesters in Delhi continue their vigil for a safer environment for women across the nation.
The incident took place on Friday, but a case was registered only on Saturday. The accused is said to be the classmate of the rape survivor and has been arrested.
The police say the girl was returning home when the accused kidnapped and allegedly raped the engineering student. Both the accused and the rape survivor are Bachelor of Technology students.
"We have arrested the youth, Gagandeep, on the basis of the victim's complaint. The incident is being investigated," a police official said. The girl told the police she was going for her tuition class Friday when the accused came in his car and pulled her inside.
She said the accused drove to an isolated area and raped her. Police officials said the girl complained nearly 24 hours after the incident and a case was registered at the Pipli police station.
(With Additional Inputs From IANS)
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn