DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kvitova beats Schiavone, advances to second round
Former Wimbledon champion Kvitova has advanced to the second round with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 victory over Schiavone.
Melbourne: Former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has advanced to the second round of the Australian Open with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 victory over Italy's Francesca Schiavone.
Kvitova has struggled at the start of her 2013 season, losing 6-1, 6-1 to Dominika Cibulkova in the first round last week at the Sydney International and losing in the second round the week before in Brisbane.
But she regrouped after losing the second set to Schiavone, the 2010 French Open champion, breaking the Italian twice to capture the decider. Kvitova, the 2011 Wimbledon winner, reached the semifinals at Melbourne Park last year, losing to Maria Sharapova.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet