Kvitova beats Schiavone, advances to second round
Former Wimbledon champion Kvitova has advanced to the second round with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 victory over Schiavone.
Melbourne: Former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has advanced to the second round of the Australian Open with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 victory over Italy's Francesca Schiavone.
Kvitova has struggled at the start of her 2013 season, losing 6-1, 6-1 to Dominika Cibulkova in the first round last week at the Sydney International and losing in the second round the week before in Brisbane.
But she regrouped after losing the second set to Schiavone, the 2010 French Open champion, breaking the Italian twice to capture the decider. Kvitova, the 2011 Wimbledon winner, reached the semifinals at Melbourne Park last year, losing to Maria Sharapova.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth