DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kvitova defeats Errani to win Dubai title
Petra Kvitova won her first title in six months when she beat Sara Errani of Italy 6-2, 1-6, 6-1 in the Dubai Championships final.
Dubai: Former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova won her first title in six months when she beat Sara Errani of Italy 6-2, 1-6, 6-1 in the Dubai Championships final on Saturday.
Kvitova, ranked one spot below Errani at No. 8, also beat the Italian en route to her previous title - her ninth - in New Haven on the eve of the US Open. But this was their toughest encounter.
Errani lost the first four points and her serve, and Kvitova won the first set handily.
But the Czech appeared to lose her focus in the second, committing consecutive double faults and winning just one game in the set. Errani charged the net and surprised Kvitova with drop shots.
In the deciding set, Kvitova recovered enough to stave off break points in her second service game, and with renewed confidence she put away Errani with ease.
It was the second runner-up finish this month for Errani, who also reached the indoor final in Paris. She and Roberta Vinci, whom she beat in the semifinals, won the Australian Open doubles.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Champions Trophy: BCCI Raises Concerns After Manchester Attack