DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kvitova rises to fifth, Federer remains No. 1
Also, Azarenka maintained her No. 1 spot in the WTA rankings, while del Petro rose to 8th in the ATP rankings.
New York: Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic rose to fifth in the new WTA rankings published on Sunday after winning the New Haven Open.
Kvitova defeated Russia's Maria Kirilenko 7-6(9), 7-5 in a close-fought final on Saturday to swap places with Angelique Kerber of Germany, who is now sixth in the table.
Belarus' Victoria Azarenka remains the World No. 1 ahead of Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska and Russia's Maria Sharapova.
Reaching the final allowed Kirilenko leapfrog Serbia's Ana Ivanovic and Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova and take a career-best 12th position.
In the men's ATP rankings, the only change in the top ten was Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro taking eighth position from Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia.
Switzerland's Roger Federer remains World No. 1 with Serbian player Novak Djokovic second and Spain's Rafael Nadal third.
The last Grand Slam of the year, the US Open, starts on Monday on the hard courts at Flushing Meadows here.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Lionel Messi's Prison Sentence Upheld By Spanish Supreme Court
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances