Kvitova, Stepanek to play Olympic mixed doubles
Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova will team with Radek Stepanek to play the mixed doubles at the London Olympics.
Prague: Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova will team with countryman Radek Stepanek to play the mixed doubles at the London Olympics.
Kvitova, who also considered Tomas Berdych as a partner, announced her plan on Friday.
Stepanek won his maiden Grand Slam title at the Australian Open when he and Leander Paes of India won the doubles final.
Kvitova said, "As an experienced doubles player, Radek will be the leader."
Kvitova and Berdych played together in January to give the Czech Republic their second Hopman Cup title.
Berdych has already announced he will play the doubles with Stepanek at the London Games.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards