Laila case: Crime branch to bring Tak to Mumbai
The Mumbai Police crime branch will bring Pervez Tak to Mumbai and produce him in a local court in four days.
Mumbai: The Crime Branch of Mumbai police on Saturday got the permission from Kishtwar court of Jammu to bring forest contractor Pervez Tak to Mumbai in connection with Bollywood starlet Laila Khan abduction case.
"We have got four days of transit remand," Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said on Saturday.
Now, Tak will be brought to Mumbai and will be produced in a local court in four days.
The crime branch is probing the kidnapping case of Laila and her family.
Forest contractor Pervez Tak, arrested by Jammu and Kashmir police, had reportedly told the interrogators that Laila and others were shot dead in Maharashtra in 2011.
Meanwhile, the crime branch claimed to have recovered around 1,000 photographs of Laila with many high ranking officials and politicians while searching her house on Saturday in suburban Oshiwara.
The starlet and her family - mother Shelina, elder sister Hazmina, twin siblings Zara and Imran and another relative- went missing from Mumbai in February 2011.
A case of kidnapping was registered at the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai on Friday, on the complaint of her father Nadir Patel.
According to the complaint, Tak and his accomplice Asif had kidnapped Laila and others.
Recommended For You
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- HITCHED!Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech Goa Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet