Laila Khan case: Tak taken to Nashik for probe
A Mumbai Crime Branch team is also questioning three locals in Nashik and are searching Laila's bungalow.
Mumbai: The main suspect in the Laila Khan case, Pervez Tak, has been taken to Igatpuri near Nashik to corroborate the claims he made during his interrogation. A team from the Mumbai Crime Branch is also questioning three locals he allegedly dealt with and are searching Laila's bungalow.
Pervez Tak was sent to police custody till July 19 in connection with the kidnapping case of Pakistani-origin Bollywood starlet Laila Khan. The prosecution told the court that they want to find out where Tak has kept Laila Khan and other five members of the family and if he has killed them.
As of now, Tak has been booked for kidnapping though he reportedly confessed before the Jammu and Kashmir Police that Laila Khan was killed. Crime branch sources said that they will interrogate Tak in connection with the alleged abduction case of Laila Khan and her other five family members.
Tak, arrested by Jammu and Kashmir Police, had reportedly told the interrogators that Laila and others were shot dead in Maharashtra last year. However, crime branch is not ready to believe Tak's version yet.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines