DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lakhan fake encounter: Court to decide quantum of punishment for policemen
Mumbai policeman Pradeep Sharma was also an accused in the case but was later acquitted by the court.
Mumbai: A Mumbai court will on Friday decide the quantum of punishment for the convicted police officers in the Lakhan Bhaiya fake encounter case. Thirteen police officers were convicted in the case relating to the murder of Chhota Rajan's associate Ramnarain Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiya. Mumbai policeman Pradeep Sharma was also an accused in the case but was later acquitted by the court.
Lakhan Bhaiya was killed on November 11, 2006 in Mumbai's Versova area. Pradeep Sharma was among the 22 people who are accused in the encounter case. Lakhan was accused in 19 cases including 12 of murder.
In 2008, the Bombay High Court had ordered an magisterial inquiry and later appointed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the incident.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users