DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lakshmipeta case trial in special court
An additional district and sessions court at Srikakulam district headquarters will be established by the state government for speedy trial of the Lakshmipeta case, registered under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
Orders were issued to this effect on Friday.
The case was registered with the Vangara police station in connection with the alleged atrocities committed against Dalits in Vangara mandal.
The commissioner of social welfare requested the government to constitute a special court for speedy trial of the case. The government sought the views of High Court and accorded permission for setting up of the court.
The Laxmipeta Dalit Struggle Solidarity Committee, however, said that the victims were asking for the special court to be located at Laxmipeta instead of Srikakulam, as it will be of little help otherwise.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond