Lakshmipeta case trial in special court
An additional district and sessions court at Srikakulam district headquarters will be established by the state government for speedy trial of the Lakshmipeta case, registered under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
Orders were issued to this effect on Friday.
The case was registered with the Vangara police station in connection with the alleged atrocities committed against Dalits in Vangara mandal.
The commissioner of social welfare requested the government to constitute a special court for speedy trial of the case. The government sought the views of High Court and accorded permission for setting up of the court.
The Laxmipeta Dalit Struggle Solidarity Committee, however, said that the victims were asking for the special court to be located at Laxmipeta instead of Srikakulam, as it will be of little help otherwise.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training