No CBI probe into Lalgarh massacre: Calcutta HC
The Calcutta High Court directed the West Bengal CID to continue the investigation.
New Delhi: The Calcutta High court on Wednesday ruled out an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in Lalgarh massacre incident.
The court directed the West Bengal CID to continue the investigation but said that the probe would be monitored by the court directly.
The Calcutta High court asked the investigating agency to come up with update on the investigation by February 4.
The high court also directed the joint forces to carry out operations against possible armed political camps.
The West Bengal government has been directed to pay compensation to kin of those dead and injured in the Lalgarh violence.
The Court also directed the formation of a Committee under the Director of health services to affirm treatment of the greviously injured and injured.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner