No CBI probe into Lalgarh massacre: Calcutta HC
The Calcutta High Court directed the West Bengal CID to continue the investigation.
New Delhi: The Calcutta High court on Wednesday ruled out an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in Lalgarh massacre incident.
The court directed the West Bengal CID to continue the investigation but said that the probe would be monitored by the court directly.
The Calcutta High court asked the investigating agency to come up with update on the investigation by February 4.
The high court also directed the joint forces to carry out operations against possible armed political camps.
The West Bengal government has been directed to pay compensation to kin of those dead and injured in the Lalgarh violence.
The Court also directed the formation of a Committee under the Director of health services to affirm treatment of the greviously injured and injured.
- Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Key Moments of Her Life You Might Not be Aware of
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly