Lalit Modi back in IPL, virtually!
The founder of the IPL tweets about every update since the IPL-4 has kicked off.
New Delhi: Former Chief Commissioner of IPL, or in his words "Founder and architect of the Indian Premier League and Champions League T20" may have been forced out of the IPL governance and on-field action. But the enthusiasm and involvement in his virtual world is evidently pretty much the same as previous years. From the opening ceremony till date Modi has been tweeting about almost every detail that goes on during the match. From toss to the presentation ceremony every detail is present in the founder of the cricket blockbuster - IPL, Lalit Modi's Twitter timeline.
His tweets have been more than just making up for his absence from the cricketing gala. After the opening ceremony on Friday he tweeted, "Sad to see the way the opening ceremony was conducted. Well I am sure the Games will be better. So let's hope they will overcome the start."
And it's not only him who is missing the IPL on-field action, even the fans from all across Twitter have been writing to him and expressing their support. Just as the opening ceremony started many wrote to him as to how they missed him, he replied, "Thank you all for all your messages. The show must go on. After all we created it for all the fans. It will always be part of me".
On-field or not Modi knows how to stay in limelight or so it seems in the Twitterverse.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant