Lanka releases more rehabilitated LTTE recruits
A batch of 75 former LTTE members rehabilitated by the government was on Saturday released to their families.
Colombo: A batch of 75 former LTTE members rehabilitated by the government was on Saturday released to their families in the northern Sri Lankan town of Vavuniya.
"Out of the 12,000 sent for rehabilitation we have already released 11,000. Around 700 only remain to be released from four rehabilitation centres.
"There are also another 600 suspects in custody who would be sent for rehabilitation", A Dissanayake, the secretary to the ministry of rehabilitation and prison reforms said.
Dissanayake said President Mahinda Rajapaksa was keen to see the full completion of the rehabilitation process.
Dissanayake said self-employment loans would be allocated to all rehabilitated former LTTE recruits.
They were made to undergo language and vocational training during the rehabilitation process.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More