Lanka releases more rehabilitated LTTE recruits
A batch of 75 former LTTE members rehabilitated by the government was on Saturday released to their families.
Colombo: A batch of 75 former LTTE members rehabilitated by the government was on Saturday released to their families in the northern Sri Lankan town of Vavuniya.
"Out of the 12,000 sent for rehabilitation we have already released 11,000. Around 700 only remain to be released from four rehabilitation centres.
"There are also another 600 suspects in custody who would be sent for rehabilitation", A Dissanayake, the secretary to the ministry of rehabilitation and prison reforms said.
Dissanayake said President Mahinda Rajapaksa was keen to see the full completion of the rehabilitation process.
Dissanayake said self-employment loans would be allocated to all rehabilitated former LTTE recruits.
They were made to undergo language and vocational training during the rehabilitation process.
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Akhilesh Yadav Is The Undisputed Leader Of The Party In The State, Says SP Leader Madhukar Jetley
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18