Sri Lanka: 64 dead in hospital attack at Mullaivaikal
Sri Lankan army sources say hospital was destroyed in an attack by LTTE.
New Delhi: In Sri Lanka, 64 people are reportedly dead after a makeshift hospital was attacked in Mullaivaikal.
Reports say the hospital was hit by artillery fire of the Sri Lankan army.
However, Sri Lankan army sources say there was no bombardment and that the hospital was destroyed in an attack by the LTTE.
The Sri Lankan government had announced earlier this week that it would stop using heavy weapons like artillery, to avoid civilian casualties.
The Sri Lankan government has put up online video clips of the LTTE moving artillery pieces in the area it controls.
Meanwhile, the Sri Lankan army says it has killed 14 Tamil Tigers.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show