DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lara inspired by 'DDLJ'
The actress clarifies that her film is in no way trying to compete with 'DDLJ'
New Delhi: If the train-catching sequence in the promo of Lara Dutta's debut production Chalo Dilli gives you a sense of deja vu, it was meant to be! The actress admits that she took inspiration from 1995 blockbuster Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ).
"There is one scene in the film where I run to catch the train and Vinay's character Manu...he extends his hand to pull me onto the train. And, of course, we were inspired by DDLJ," said Lara.
The iconic scene from DDLJ featured Bollywood's most loved romantic couple Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan. And now moviegoers will see Vinay and Lara reprising it in Chalo Dilli, a comedy film.
Lara, however, rules out there was ever an intent to outdo the chemistry of the original scene.
"In no way are we ever going to compete with a film like DDLJ. It's just that when somethings inspire you, you try and give an ode to them. So that scene is inspired by DDLJ, yet it is quite unique in its own," she added.
The trailer of the movie was released alongside Abhinay Deo's Game.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet