Benazir en routed for prayers at Larkana
Benazir earlier said that she fears another attack would take place in Larkana.
Karachi: Days after the assassination attempt that killed 139 people, PPP leader Benazir Bhutto landed at Sukkur airport from where she will head to her hometown, Larkana.
Ecstatic workers of the Pakistan People's Party chanted "Prime Minister Benazir" and forced their way into the airport building as Benazir's plane landed.
"Ours is a bold leader. If she is not scared, we are also not scared," enthused PPP-supporter Imdad Chandio.
From Sukkur, Benzair intends heading overland to the Garhi Khuda Baksh village, near the town of Larkana to pray at her father's tomb, which is being guarded by dozens of PPP workers wielding AK-47s. She will address the people of Larkana from her father's grave.
Several PPP supporters and activists are present at the airport to give her a grand welcome. Meanwhile tight private and government security arrangements have been made from Sukkur airport to Larkana district.
It seems the Pakistani government and the Pakistan People's Party are not ready to take any chances after the Karachi blasts. In an interview to CNN, Benazir Bhutto earlier said that she fears another attack today in Larkana.
"As of last night, I'm feeling much secure about the security," said Benazir. "People's Party doesn't wish to consolidate with dictatorship. We have negotiations for transformation to democracy because we are fighting for the people's rights - social, economic, political rights. We want democracy."
Benazir's father Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was Pakistan's first popularly elected prime minister and was toppled in 1979 and later hanged by the military.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record