Lashkar Best NGO in Pakistan, Modi a Warmonger: Pervez Musharraf
Pakistan's former President Pervez Musharraf and Hafiz Saeed (R) (File Photo/ Reuters)
Reacting to the audio conversation between slain Kashmiri militant leader Burhan Wani affiliated with Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed, former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Friday that LeT is the best NGO of Pakistan and Wani is a Martyr who was forced to take up arms.
"There is nothing to be surprised that the two are in touch with each other. Hafiz Saeed is an educated man, an engineer. LeT is the best NGO of Pakistan as they did a lot of work during floods," Musharraf told CNN-News18.
Defending Burhan Wani, Musharraf said that the policies of the Indian government forced him to take up arms.
"Indian military forced Wani to pick up arms and fight because they harassed his family," Musharraf added.
On Hafiz Saeed, Musharraf said, "I do not accept that Hafiz Saeed as a terrorist. If I were a lawyer I would have fought his case in the court. If I was a President then I would have fought his case in UN," Musharraf added.
Musharraf alleged that India has a better influence in the world than Pakistan and the Indian government doesn't want to talk.
On PM Modi's visit to Lahore, Musharraf said that it hardly matters as PM Modi is a warmonger.
"PM Modi is a warmonger. The PM can visit Lahore and kiss PM Nawaz as many times as he wants," Musharraf told CNN-News18 over the phone from Lahore.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- MILESTONE MANIndia vs England: Ravichandran Ashwin Equals Kapil Dev's Mark of 23 Five-Wicket Hauls