Lashkar militant killed in J&K encounter
Sunday night gunbattle kills armed Pakistani operative in Baramulla.
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir today, officials said.
The encounter took place at Zaloora village, 60 kms from here, late on Sunday night after a joint team of security forces and police launched a search operation based on information that ultras were hiding in the area, the officials said.
The militants opened fire on the team, prompting the security forces to retaliate. Intermittent exchange of fire between the two sides continued throughout the night, the officials said.
They said the body of a militant was recovered from the spot this morning. He was later identified as Abu Hazla, a Pakistani national affiliated with LeT.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines and a wireless set were recovered from the possession of the slain militant, they said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance