J&K: 3 infiltration bids foiled along the LoC in 24 hours
Infiltration bids were foiled by the Army in Gujjardur, Samba and Hiranagar areas in the last 24 hours.
Srinagar: Indian Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Gujjardur area near Shallabattu in Jammu. Two infiltrators have been killed in the incident.
This is third ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the Line of Control in 24 hours with two being reported from Jammu alone.
Another ceasefire violation on international border in Hiranagar area of Samba sector took place on Thurday where the Pakistan rangers targeted the Pahadpur post of BSF. The BSF fired in retaliation and foiled the infiltration bid.
In Poonch too, the Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian posts at around 6:30 pm on Thursday. Indian troops guarding the border retaliated with the same calibre weaponry, which resulted in a 20 minute gunbattle.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session