J&K: 3 infiltration bids foiled along the LoC in 24 hours
Infiltration bids were foiled by the Army in Gujjardur, Samba and Hiranagar areas in the last 24 hours.
Srinagar: Indian Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Gujjardur area near Shallabattu in Jammu. Two infiltrators have been killed in the incident.
This is third ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the Line of Control in 24 hours with two being reported from Jammu alone.
Another ceasefire violation on international border in Hiranagar area of Samba sector took place on Thurday where the Pakistan rangers targeted the Pahadpur post of BSF. The BSF fired in retaliation and foiled the infiltration bid.
In Poonch too, the Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian posts at around 6:30 pm on Thursday. Indian troops guarding the border retaliated with the same calibre weaponry, which resulted in a 20 minute gunbattle.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1