Latur Tragedy: Nine workers Die After Inhaling Poisonous Gas in Maharashtra
Nine workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank at a factory in Maharashtra's Latur district.
Mumbai: Nine workers were killed after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank at a factory in Maharashtra's Latur district, fire department officials said.
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 31, 2017
Some workers fell unconscious while cleaning a tank at Kirti Oil Mills at Latur MIDC (Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) on Monday night, they said.
A few others climbed down into the tank to check on them but did not come out. They all died after inhaling poisonous gas, the officials added.
A probe in the matter has been started.
Recommended For You
- Nidahas Trophy: India Take on Sri Lanka in Opener; Final on March 18
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018
- Virat Kohli on the Verge of Breaking Bradman & Richards' Record
- Honor 9 Lite vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5: The Budget Smartphone Bout
- Hyderabad Police Issue Notice to Oru Adaar Love Director for Hurting Sentiments