DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
MOEF to submit report on Lavasa on Tuesday
Lavasa said it has received a copy of the report but did not disclose the content.
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry is expected to file its reply on the controversial Lavasa housing project near Pune, which allegedly violated green norms, before the Bombay High Court on Tuesday.
The report has been finalised and it will be submitted before the Bombay High Court tomorrow, said a source in the Ministry.
The Bombay High Court had on January 7 granted an extension till January 17 to the Ministry to take a final decision on its show-cause notice to Lavasa Corporation, the promoter of the project at a hill station.
The extension was granted after the Ministry informed the court that inspection of the site will get over on January 7 and a final decision can be taken only after a week.
Meanwhile, the Lavasa legal team said it has received a copy of the report of the Environment Ministry on the project but did not disclose the content.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi