MOEF to submit report on Lavasa on Tuesday
Lavasa said it has received a copy of the report but did not disclose the content.
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry is expected to file its reply on the controversial Lavasa housing project near Pune, which allegedly violated green norms, before the Bombay High Court on Tuesday.
The report has been finalised and it will be submitted before the Bombay High Court tomorrow, said a source in the Ministry.
The Bombay High Court had on January 7 granted an extension till January 17 to the Ministry to take a final decision on its show-cause notice to Lavasa Corporation, the promoter of the project at a hill station.
The extension was granted after the Ministry informed the court that inspection of the site will get over on January 7 and a final decision can be taken only after a week.
Meanwhile, the Lavasa legal team said it has received a copy of the report of the Environment Ministry on the project but did not disclose the content.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- Pierce Brosnan Endorses Pan Bahar, Twitter Reacts With James Bond Jokes