MOEF to submit report on Lavasa on Tuesday
Lavasa said it has received a copy of the report but did not disclose the content.
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry is expected to file its reply on the controversial Lavasa housing project near Pune, which allegedly violated green norms, before the Bombay High Court on Tuesday.
The report has been finalised and it will be submitted before the Bombay High Court tomorrow, said a source in the Ministry.
The Bombay High Court had on January 7 granted an extension till January 17 to the Ministry to take a final decision on its show-cause notice to Lavasa Corporation, the promoter of the project at a hill station.
The extension was granted after the Ministry informed the court that inspection of the site will get over on January 7 and a final decision can be taken only after a week.
Meanwhile, the Lavasa legal team said it has received a copy of the report of the Environment Ministry on the project but did not disclose the content.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life