DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Law PG degree may become one-year course
Govt plans to restructure the existing post-graduate programme in law from that of two years to one.
New Delhi: A post-graduate degree in law may become a one-year course instead of the current duration of two years, Minister of State for Human Resource Development D. Purandeswari said on Wednesday.
"A proposal to restructure the existing post-graduate programme in law from that of two years duration to a one-year duration programme with selectivity in admission to attract the brightest graduates in law towards this programme is under consideration with the University Grants Commission (UGC)," Purandeswari told the Lok Sabha.
"The proposal would be considered in respect of other post-graduate programmes of study which are amenable to restructuring by reducing the time duration of the programme for award of degree without compromising on the quality of education," she added.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise