Mumbai lawyer murdered after resisting rape
The police also suspect that the accused tinkered with electric supply to get entry into the victim's house.
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police claims to have cracked the murder of 25-year-old lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha. The police have said that the security guard, Sajjad Pathan, first attempted to rape the victim. When she resisted, he hit her with a blunt object before slitting her throat with a knife when she tried to ring her neighbour's doorbell for help.
The police also suspect that Pathan tinkered with electric supply to get entry into the victim's house. The security guard of the apartment building where she lived has been arrested after he confessed to the murder.
Sajjad Pathan was caught at Mumbai Railway station when he was trying to flee the city. He reportedly confessed to police that he killed Pallavi simply because she had yelled at him a few days back.
Pathan said he decided to attack her at night as he knew she was alone. Pathan reportedly told police, "Pallavi had shouted at me a few days earlier. I was in a state of rage and wanted revenge. I attacked her as I knew she would be alone at home that night."
Pallavi was found dead by her live-in partner in their 16th floor apartment in Central Mumbai's Wadala area on Thursday.
Earlier on Thursday, a police officer had said that the woman's throat was slit and her neighbours had informed the police.
The police had taken Pallavi's live-in partner into custody, following which he was questioned. He is also said to be from the legal fraternity.
The woman's father is said to be a Delhi-based IAS officer.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video