Lawyer shot dead at Greater Noida court
Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered.
Greater Noida: A lawyer was shot dead within the premises of a court in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, adjoining the national capital, on February 14 night. The shooting came to light on February 15 morning when a sweeper found the body with bullet marks on it.
Police identified the dead man as 36-year-old Bhupendra Singh, a lawyer.
Bhupendra Singh had left his chamber unlocked on February 14 to attend a wedding. He returned to the court premises on February 14 night to lock his chamber.
At about 9.00 pm, as the lawyer was locking his chamber, police said unidentified assailants opened fire at him from what they suspected to be an automatic weapon. The bullet hit the lawyer in his upper abdomen.
Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Ashok Kumar said: "The body has been sent for post-mortem examination. Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered."
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC