DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lawyer shot dead at Greater Noida court
Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered.
Greater Noida: A lawyer was shot dead within the premises of a court in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, adjoining the national capital, on February 14 night. The shooting came to light on February 15 morning when a sweeper found the body with bullet marks on it.
Police identified the dead man as 36-year-old Bhupendra Singh, a lawyer.
Bhupendra Singh had left his chamber unlocked on February 14 to attend a wedding. He returned to the court premises on February 14 night to lock his chamber.
At about 9.00 pm, as the lawyer was locking his chamber, police said unidentified assailants opened fire at him from what they suspected to be an automatic weapon. The bullet hit the lawyer in his upper abdomen.
Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Ashok Kumar said: "The body has been sent for post-mortem examination. Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered."
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande