Lawyer shot dead at Greater Noida court
Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered.
Greater Noida: A lawyer was shot dead within the premises of a court in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, adjoining the national capital, on February 14 night. The shooting came to light on February 15 morning when a sweeper found the body with bullet marks on it.
Police identified the dead man as 36-year-old Bhupendra Singh, a lawyer.
Bhupendra Singh had left his chamber unlocked on February 14 to attend a wedding. He returned to the court premises on February 14 night to lock his chamber.
At about 9.00 pm, as the lawyer was locking his chamber, police said unidentified assailants opened fire at him from what they suspected to be an automatic weapon. The bullet hit the lawyer in his upper abdomen.
Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Ashok Kumar said: "The body has been sent for post-mortem examination. Legal proceedings have been initiated, and a case has been registered."
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology