Lawyers protest: Police families demand action
Lawyers clashed with mediapersons outside a Bangalore court on March 2. A DGP was hurt in the incident.
Bangalore: Members of Karnataka State Police Family Members' Association on Thursday staged a demonstration in Bangalore demanding stringent action against the advocates who recently assaulted police and mediapersons.
Over 100 members belonging to the Association shouted slogans against the advocates as well as the state government and demanded that government handover probe to the CBI instead of a judicial probe.
Addressing mediapersons, the members said at least 50 police personnel were severely injured during the violence in the city civil court premises on March 2 and even after a week, government has failed to initiate action against the culprits.
They threatened to intensify their agitation if government failed to bring the "guilty lawyers" to book.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke Launch Live: 2017 Duke 390, Duke 200 and Duke 250 Launched
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology