Lawyers' strike in Rajasthan intensifies
Lawyers in Rajasthan have intensified their agitation against alleged irregularities in the recruitment of judges.
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan have intensified their agitation against alleged irregularities in the recruitment of judges.
They've been on strike for the past 2 weeks. Talks with the judiciary failed on Friday. The protesting lawyers also want impeachment proceedings to be initiated against Rajasthan High court Chief Justice Jagdish Bhalla.
The lawyers have been demanding the entire examination process be scrapped and impeachment proceedings be initiated against Chief Justice of Rajasthan, Justice Jagdish Bhalla.
The Chief Justice is facing allegations that only 37 candidates were short-listed to be interviewed for 36 seats and among them only 13 were from Rajasthan.
Not just that, the allegations include that the Justice Bhalla took money to select these candidates.
But the High Court maintains that the examinations were conducted as per the law.
TH Samma, Registrar General, Rajasthan High Court, Jaipur maintained, "The allegations are baseless; the exams have been conducted as the procedure."
This is not the first time that allegations of corruption have been made against Justice Bhalla. Earlier as well when he was a judge at the Lucknow High Court, charges had been levelled against him in the Noida land allotment scam.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"