Lawyers' strike in Rajasthan intensifies
Lawyers in Rajasthan have intensified their agitation against alleged irregularities in the recruitment of judges.
Jaipur: Lawyers in Rajasthan have intensified their agitation against alleged irregularities in the recruitment of judges.
They've been on strike for the past 2 weeks. Talks with the judiciary failed on Friday. The protesting lawyers also want impeachment proceedings to be initiated against Rajasthan High court Chief Justice Jagdish Bhalla.
The lawyers have been demanding the entire examination process be scrapped and impeachment proceedings be initiated against Chief Justice of Rajasthan, Justice Jagdish Bhalla.
The Chief Justice is facing allegations that only 37 candidates were short-listed to be interviewed for 36 seats and among them only 13 were from Rajasthan.
Not just that, the allegations include that the Justice Bhalla took money to select these candidates.
But the High Court maintains that the examinations were conducted as per the law.
TH Samma, Registrar General, Rajasthan High Court, Jaipur maintained, "The allegations are baseless; the exams have been conducted as the procedure."
This is not the first time that allegations of corruption have been made against Justice Bhalla. Earlier as well when he was a judge at the Lucknow High Court, charges had been levelled against him in the Noida land allotment scam.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18