Leaked: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - 4.3 inches, 1.6GHz dual-core
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini's rumoured specifications reveal a mid-range handset.
Mumbai: The Galaxy S3 Mini is yet to officially make an entrance in India despite being launched last year, and there's already a Galaxy S4 Mini in the works.
SamMobile has got hold of some live photos of the younger brother of the Galaxy S4 and this time too, Samsung has stuck to the formula it started with the S3 Mini. For one, the S4 Mini looks a spitting image of the Galaxy S4, but that's where the similarities stop.
The S4 Mini's rumoured specs reveal a mid-range handset, which is only a slight improvement over the 2011 flagship Galaxy S2 in terms of specs. Even last year, the S3 Mini's specs reminded us of the Samsung Galaxy S to a large extent when it came to the specs, with the exception of the design and mild upgrades in the hardware, of course.
The photos below confirm that the S4 Mini will even feature the back cover design of the latest Samsung flagship. And the "Mini" label is a bit of a stretch as the S4 Mini is quite large at 4.3 inches. Despite a large screen, the resolution of the device is a measly 960x540. With the qHD resolution, the S4 mini has exactly half the number of pixels on that display as its big brother.
The Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) will be available in a dual-SIM version as well, rumoured to be called the Galaxy S4 Mini duos (model number GT-I9192). The Galaxy S4 mini will be powered by a 1.6GHz dual-core CPU, which we suspect is a dual-core Exynos 4 chipset. It's slightly bigger than the Galaxy S3 Mini, but that is to be expected considering the larger display.
Like the Galaxy S4, the Mini will run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. According to the website's source, the Galaxy S4 Mini will likely make its debut in June or July this year.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant