Leander Paes-Jurgen Melzer lose in quarters at Monte Carlo
Paes-Melzer lost to the Bryan brothers 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 in one hour and 13 minutes.
Monte Carlo: Jurgen Melzer and Leander Paes lost their men's doubles quarterfinal clash against the top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan here at the Monte Carlo Masters on Friday. The Bryan brothers won 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 in one hour and 13 minutes to proceed to the semifinals of the 1000-point ATP clay court tournament.
The Indo-Austrian pair broke the top seeds twice in as many chances they got to get past the tough first set. Paes-Melzer quashed six of the seven breakpoint chances of the Americans.
Bob and Mike returned the favour by breaking the only game in the second set and taking the match into the decider.
In the deciding super tiebreak, the unseeded men were no match for the Bryan brothers who easily raced away to 10 points and will now face Canada-Australian pair of Milos Raonic and Bernard Tomic in the last four Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1