Lee Chong Wei claims Malaysia crown
Lee Chong Wei had little trouble in disposing of Japanese Kenichi Tago.
Kuala Lumpur: Men's World No.1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and top women's player Yihan Wang won the singles title at the Malaysian Superseries badminton event here on Sunday.
The Malaysian had little trouble in disposing of Japanese Kenichi Tago, beating him 21-6, 21-13 to win his eighth Malaysian Open title.
In the women's draw, Yihan beat Chinese compatriot Xin Wang 21-19, 21-11 to overcome the disappointment of being the losing finalists last year.
Yihan defeated India's ace shuttler Saina Nehwal in the semifinals Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards