Lee Chong Wei claims Malaysia crown
Lee Chong Wei had little trouble in disposing of Japanese Kenichi Tago.
Kuala Lumpur: Men's World No.1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and top women's player Yihan Wang won the singles title at the Malaysian Superseries badminton event here on Sunday.
The Malaysian had little trouble in disposing of Japanese Kenichi Tago, beating him 21-6, 21-13 to win his eighth Malaysian Open title.
In the women's draw, Yihan beat Chinese compatriot Xin Wang 21-19, 21-11 to overcome the disappointment of being the losing finalists last year.
Yihan defeated India's ace shuttler Saina Nehwal in the semifinals Saturday.
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2