Lee Chong Wei wins 5th Indonesia Open
Lee Chong Wei won the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier men's singles title for the fifth time, beating German Zwiebler 21-15, 21-14.
Jakarta: Malaysia's top seed Lee Chong Wei won the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier men's singles title for the fifth time, beating German Marc Zwiebler 21-15, 21-14 here Sunday.
Unseeded Zwiebler was no match to Lee, who had won the tournament in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, as the 30-year-old Malaysian wrapped up the final match in just 40 minutes, reports Xinhua.
"I hope I'll come back here next year. Next I would focus on the Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and, hopefully, I can still play in the 2016 Olympics," Lee said, after receiving $52,500 as prize money.
Lee had considered retirement after the London Olympics but is still aiming at the gold medal in 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, to gloriously end his remarkable career.
The World No.1 is scheduled to next take part in the Singapore Open which runs from June 18-23.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction