Legendary singer Manna Dey's stable but critically ill
The veteran singer, who was reportedly under medical supervision at his home, was shifted to a hospital on Saturday after his condition deteriorated.
Bangalore: Legendary singer Manna Dey is admitted to a hospital in Bangalore with chest infection, said reports on Sunday morning. His condition is reported to be stable but critical.
The veteran singer, who turned 94 on May 1, was reportedly under medical supervision at his home but was shifted to the hospital on Saturday after his condition deteriorated.
The Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the country's highest honour in cinema, was conferred on Manna Dey in 2007.
Following the news of his illness, rumours were doing the rounds on Twitter about his death. But the doctors have put the news on Twitter to rest by confirming that the legend is still alive and his situation is stable but critical as the infection has led to other complications.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1