Legendary singer Manna Dey's stable but critically ill
The veteran singer, who was reportedly under medical supervision at his home, was shifted to a hospital on Saturday after his condition deteriorated.
Bangalore: Legendary singer Manna Dey is admitted to a hospital in Bangalore with chest infection, said reports on Sunday morning. His condition is reported to be stable but critical.
The veteran singer, who turned 94 on May 1, was reportedly under medical supervision at his home but was shifted to the hospital on Saturday after his condition deteriorated.
The Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the country's highest honour in cinema, was conferred on Manna Dey in 2007.
Following the news of his illness, rumours were doing the rounds on Twitter about his death. But the doctors have put the news on Twitter to rest by confirming that the legend is still alive and his situation is stable but critical as the infection has led to other complications.
- Pakistan Target Twenty20 Whitewash Over West Indies
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Petition to Declare Pak a Sponsor of Terrorism Crosses 1 Lakh Signatures
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- I Have Experience, Says Hillary Clinton on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate Live: I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe