Lenardo DiCaprio joins social media firm
Leonardo DiCaprio is the latest Hollywood star to move into social media after signing up as an advisor for a start-up company.
New York: Leonardo DiCaprio is the latest Hollywood star to move into social media after signing up as an advisor for a start-up company.
The 36-year-old actor's new role will see him advise bosses at Mobli, a visual media firm which was introduced to him by a friend while the technology was still being tested several months ago, reported Huffington Post.
"Leo is not a tech guy and we're not looking for advice on technology, but he is a very, very smart guy concerning marketing, so he will be advising us in this territory - branding marketing and stuff like this. Leo is very excited.
He believes in the vision of the company and thinks that this is the future of media. He wanted to get on board in the beginning, influence it, and give his input into the company," said Moshe Hogeg, Ceo Mobli.
Other stars who are investing in technology include Ashton Kutcher, who has funded companies including Flipboard, Chegg, GroupMe and Hipmunk, and Justin Timberlake, who is working to revitalise social networking site MySpace.
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: After Ram Gopal Yadav's Frontal Attack, Mulayam Singh to Address Media
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis